Hope you are all having a wonderful year!!
I am writing to thank you for your continued support and to let you know about several changes for 2014. First, WCR Publications is now doing business as Western Construction Resources. We changed the name to reflect our broader scope of business.
It?s been more than a decade, but WCR had to finally bite the bullet and raise prices. We waited through the economic downturn because we care about your business and didn?t want to place more stress on it. This increase is crucial for WCR to stay in business and create an online plan registration system. Even with our modest price increase, WCR is the least expensive resource of its kind in Western Washington. In fact, we are the only physical plan center west of the Cascade Mountains and north of Kirkland.
As in the past, we have several memberships to choose from:
Annual ??????????? 52 weeks???????? $850??????????????? Quarterly???????? 13 weeks???????? $300
Semi-Annual?? 26 weeks???????? $450??????????????? Monthly?????????? 4 weeks?????????? ? $115
Also in 2014, we are offering prepaid copy services. Pay an additional $25, $50, or $100 with your membership fee ? save us the headache of additional billing and you?ll get plan copies (24″x36″) for $1.25 vs $1.50 and photocopies for $0.07 vs $ 0.10 each.
Refer a friend for a free trial membership and, when they join, we?ll give you a $50 credit for printing, scanning, or bindery services to be used in the year.
I love love love my work & I love love love our customers. Even as I work 14 hour days, there is nowhere I’d rather be, than Right Here! Right Now!!!? – Dawn
It is my intention to make WCR the best place to come for getting bids on your construction projects & for contractors to get leads. I love my work and am committed to my customers & the community? – Dawn
How to Live Life With Intention
By Conny Marian, eHow Contributor
Your list of goals can keep increasing daily.
Intention can be the difference between living a meaningful, gratifying life and living a life without purpose. There are many things people desire to achieve in a lifetime. However, if there is no intention to start with, none of these desires come to fruition. Intention is comparable to a compass that guides you through life. You can use it and follow it, or you can stray from it and move in a different direction. Regardless of what you choose to do, you are the person in control.
- Reflect on your life. Ask yourself if you are where you want to be and whether you have done all you wanted to. Take into consideration the desires and dreams you had as a child.
- Set goals for yourself. Write down short-term goals you want to achieve; record daily, weekly, biweekly or monthly goals as well. Add long-term goals to your list; these can be goals you wish to achieve in a year, two years or five to 10 years.
- Remind yourself every morning what your goal is for the day. Set intentions throughout the day to reach this goal.
- Maintain a positive mindset and outlook on life. Thinking negatively is not going to help motivate you to reach your goals, and can affect your self-esteem. If one of your goals is to run a marathon, and you keep thinking that you can’t do it, you most likely will not do it. Instead, tell yourself that you can do it.
- Have small accomplishments lead to big ones. Before running the marathon, complete shorter races. This builds your self-esteem, self-confidence and motivation to keep going. On marathon day your confidence in yourself is higher, because you’ve already accomplished so much getting to your ultimate goal.
- Celebrate and reward yourself when you reach a goal; buy a new dress, get your hair done, go out to dinner or invite friends over for a party. Put emphasis on your accomplishments regardless of how big or small they are. This helps stimulate you to keep reaching for your goals and to live your life with intent.
Welcome to the Beginning
Welcome to the beginning… the beginning of change.
- I want you to know, I paid off all the debt I inherited with WCR. I knew I would! And if you didn’t know about the debt, I truly tried to never let you see me sweat – hahaha… Just kidding. I have enjoyed every minute of it.
- We recently replaced the last piece of old equipment with ever better, a Color Scanner/Copier/Printer, and all equipment is under a maintenance agreement. We acknowledge your busy schedule & want you trust that our equipment is reliable.
- We are dropping the name Weekly Construction Reporter & Plan Center ? Why? Because that was the old company and it does not accurately reflect what we do or where we are headed! We are not weekly- We work hard every single day for you!!!
- Our new name is Western Construction Resources!!! Whooo Hooo! I love the name -it better reflects what we do! We are a great RESOURCE to you and the community!
- I am looking at a better design for all of our data (projects, permits, awards, bid results). It drives me crazy that you, our customer, cannot search on each and every single piece of data we enter. Also, I want that project info to go live as soon as it?s entered instead of ?Uploading? on specific days & times.
- I am looking into solutions for an online planroom which you would be able to self-register for projects. We will continue to be a physical planroom (paper plans), but it?s important to me that we fill your need for online plan viewing, downloading & self-registering for addenda & project changes.
I am very proud of our wins. I am in this for the long haul. Life is about to get exciting.
Please support us as we move forward by recommending WCR to other contractors. I know there is enough for work for everybody. My dream is to see local work going to local contractors, local suppliers, designed by local consultants. I?m relying on your support to do this.
Thank you for your patronage! Your membership & support means the world to us! ? Dawn